Friday, February 11, 2011

Cinema

Honestly, I have never thought about why I watched a movie more than
once. The text had said, "Lotman says, "everything we notice," which
suggests that we may not notice everything in a film the first time we see
it. That would explain why we find pleasure in seeing films more than
once- we notice more the second time we see the film."

Immediately I thought of the movie, The Fall directed by Tarsem Singh.
The movie had so much with its characters, the settings, sounds, and plot. It
would be hard to keep track with everything that was going on, especially
when seeing it for the very first time.

For me, when I watched The Fall I was amazed at the visuals as well as
the music. So I was excited to what I would see next, which distracted me
from the actual story and characters. The second time I knew what I would
see so I paid attention more to everything else. It brought a whole knew
experience, like seeing a whole different movie. So I agree that people
should see a movie a second time (if not more) because a person can't get
the full experience of a film by only seeing it once.

No comments:

Post a Comment