Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Final Paper Topic

For my final paper I was thinking of writing about the use of 3D visualizations in media and how they are used to portray motion, both physical and abstract. Physical motion as portrayed by animations of 3D rendering and abstract motion that portrays the flow of data and information through 3D visualizations. I was very interested in Prof. Sumida's lecture on anatomy and animation 2 weeks ago and I was wondering if I could do a topic relating to that subject. Perhaps I could look into the history of 3D visualizations and how they have been and are being used in the flow of information and data. I'm still a bit unsure on what exactly I will write about.

3 comments:

  1. Since 3D simulated motion is such a huge topic you'll have to pick something pretty specific. Human or animal motion in 3D is very different from data visualizations such as tornados (http://avl.ncsa.illinois.edu/what-we-do/services/media-gallery). The history of 3D animation straddles the use of art and science. Both are a kind of storytelling, but are used for different purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A much shorter version of Dr Sumida's talk is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKVkiiH8Xwg

    ReplyDelete