Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Semiotics of the Web Recap

So, I was reading this article from Codognet and I came to really like the topics discussed. The article talks about images and hyperlinking on the internet have similiar origins to the 15th through the 17th century. The thing that really hooked me in this article was the section about how in the Renaissance people developed languages consisting of only images and numbers. I persoanlly think that is very brilliant. I say that because symbols are something that everyone can understand and put together in a very similiar way. I kind of think that forcing everyone to see the same thing the same way holds back original ideas and concepts. The reason I love video games so much is because most of the time there is room for exploration, a chance to break the monotony. Video games are also one of the best indications of how symbols, images, and numbers can be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment