Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Topic :D

What I have been thinking of writing about is, how media can influence
technology. I was thinking of going in the direction of robotics. Perhaps
looking at films or televison. What I mean is looking at older films like
Metropolis, or A.I., Surrogates, etc. In television I could look at
Ghost in the Shell or other sci fi shows. I would see how such things
could have influenced the creators of androids or robots that are used
today(like the inventor of the Der2, I think that's the name.)

In my paper I would first try to see how the writer of
Metropolis came up with the idea of an android and then I might look into what the other writers (of films and telivison) were influenced by. I would try to see if media had influenced technology at all, or perhaps might find that it is the opposite. What I would do to find such information is to watch films and telivision shows that relate (Maybe I would also consider looking at video games? Still thinking on that.) Then of course find books about sci fi, robotics, as well as articles.

I think that I can find a link between media and technology (like androids/robots) because some people might have had to be influenced by something before they could create.

1 comment:

  1. Specifically you are looking at science fiction. There is a lot of material and studies on this topic including robots. You might want to look at "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep/Blade Runner" which is one of the most studied Sci-Fi films of recent decades.

    ReplyDelete