Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Research paper-summary

So far what I think I want to do with my re-search project has to do with technology and the history of it. I know that I have to narrow it down to a specific idea and main detailed topic. One recommendation I got was to do a paper on the history of video editing and how it used to be, and how it is now. That is a pretty good paper topic, but I don't know much if anything about video editing to begin with so that could be a problem. There should be a number of great resources (books, articles, journals) about video editing out there. I'm not worried about the information as I am about grasping the whole concept in time and writing an analytical paper. This is just one of the ideas that I have so far for this paper, but I primarily want to focus on technology and the evolution and change it has encountered and how it continues and will continue to evolve and change.

1 comment:

  1. Video art and video editing is a good starting point. Look back at the David Antin article. Then try to find some evidence linking how availability of video technology (not so much in the early days, lots of cheap video nowadays) has changed the _style_ of how we create, edit and consume video. Take a look at _A History of Video Art: The Development of Form and Function_ by Meigh-Andrews, Chris, especially chapters 3, and 12.

    ReplyDelete