Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Small Summary

I think I want to continue looking into Manray's work with some more artists like the Da da group. Still deciding to if I also want to just write about Manray's life but the trouble I run into with that is the lack of books on Manray to reference. Truly, I'd like to stick to one simple subject that focuses on abstraction work that describes its own existence, which Manray spent most of his life working with. Perhaps I'll look into the only two Manray books I was able to find to form a better focus into this by next week.

If I had to make due with abstraction as the main focus of this work, I'd call it "That which we cannot perceive but care to understand." A title somewhat that simply says art that needs to be given meaning in order to understand truly rather than give meaning to something we're familiar with. As a focus, I'd use more artists to reference and maybe specify what abstraction means to these type of artists.

1 comment:

  1. Consider a thesis statement such as "Man Ray was an important and influential early media artist" Describe the traditions he worked in and what later artists and genres he influenced.

    Very important - Man Ray: two words.

    ReplyDelete