Wednesday, March 16, 2011

MovementEXE



For this project on movement, I decided to keep a high emphasis on rhythm. Also, I wanted to see how much variety can be obtained from a single shot abstract scene. For this project, I took a close up video of my feet and legs walking to the train after class. I also took some videos of some cars as they drove and got some really nice video of the movement of their lights. However, I felt that the video wouldn't really feel like a whole with these two different types of movement going on within it. So I stuck with the clips of my feet moving. In the beginning, I felt as it if the videos of my feet weren't as abstract as were required. This was a worry until there was a nice error with the encoding and converting from a .3gp file to a .mpeg file. Somehow through out the conversion the over all clip got sped up. This made the feet as they were moving very abstract and hard to distinguish. This was also great because the movement of the legs and feet created an abstract shape within themselves. As the legs and feet move up and then quickly back, there is a swirl of light that follows behind it that creates the nice abstract shape.

Rhythm also played a big role in this movement video. I thought of many ways to create rhythm and tried to implement them within the video. The repeating movements of the legs and feet, or rather the shapes they create in their sped up shape, nicely add the video's rhythm. Repetition was also used within the video. The overall clip was very long. I chopped it up and repeated several of the clips and placed them next to each other. When played out, this gave a nice feeling to the movie. Even when the repeating clips stop, the change to the next scene is not too abrupt. So the whole video flows nicely from start to stop.

1 comment:

  1. This video is tweaked just enough to get under the surface of what is going on. It is surreal, which is to say, by using the assigned techniques, you've taken it to a different place. Good job.

    ReplyDelete