Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pattern Distortion




For my video, I did something I call pattern distortion which I tried to based the video off of. There are several different shots of different patterns all conceived as an actual montage theme. The keywords here are, "pattern" and "motion" in this video I showcase. What's really happening in the video is me taking several different abstract patterns and then infusing motion based on the pattern like design of what's viewed. The structure goes along with motion moving along with the pattern as a unison except of bit of the last two shots I did. There's a very black pattern and a white pattern as the last two shots using contracting motion signals to end the video with. There's hardly any motion applied on the shot of the black pattern abstract while I tried to make the white pattern motion as chaotic as it could get moving all directions. There's also another chaotic object in motion pattern shot I did to demonstrate more motion and pattern unison.

The focus of what I did was try to create motion for particular patterns we tend to see. Trying to make the biggest variety out of them as much as I could with limited time. Also I kept most of the motion in control slowly as the video works its way up the more chaotic patterns and motions to come.

1 comment:

  1. It's a little dark, but you present a variety of images in an interesting sequence. Your focus on pattern is compelling.

    ReplyDelete