Monday, March 14, 2011

Montage



Leticia Trujillo

I wanted to bring a dreamlike feeling to the viewer. The tiny specks reminded me of lights, or maybe like the stars in the night sky. The colors I had chosen were not on purpose, but I like how they transitioned from purples, pinks, and blues. To me it looked like the colors were changing as the video went on. I might have been thinking of the sky when I made this. It seems to change like the sky does from dawn to night, morning to nightfall.

The movements that I had chosen were as if someone were traveling, perhaps like a humming bird floating over a flower. The clips had went from left to right, up and down which makes the viewer wonder what they are looking at. I tried to keep the footage at a medium pace because if it was too slow that would make it more easy to figure out what I was taping. Figuring out the mystery is half the fun, right? With each movement I made, I tried to simulate as if someone were floating and even searching. With the use of a flashlight I was able to create just enough light so that it would look as if a person is staring up at the stars and all around at the twinkling lights and planets.

I think that depending on which movements are used, it can give off certain feelings. In my video each movement was to be soothing and give off the wonder and awe of a child. Colors are also important as well when creating certain moods. In my opinion, the use of visual and motion combined can created a piece of art different from those that just stand still.

2 comments:

  1. i really love the colors! what a brilliant idea to use color wrappers and flash lights!!!!
    very shiny and pretty, reminds me of princesses and fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple yet effective. I kept thinking it was bath bubbles?

    ReplyDelete