Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Video Montage Project



Motion, isn't it great? Yeah, it is. I tried to capture the art of motion in my montage piece. First of all what I did in my video was zoom into my radiator in my room and went left or right, or up and down, depending on what way you want to look at. I started off slow and then went super fast because I wanted to start off with real slow motion and movement. As the video progresses, the motion picks up and the movement is real fast. I chose my radiator because I saw that it had spaces in it and I figured if I zoom in enough and go fast enough it would look as if it is moving and omitting visions of movement. I think abstraction works to my advantage, because you can't necessarily see what my thing is, you can only see the movement that it is going through. Towards the end of the video, you can notice that along with the up and down movement, there is circular motion going and and there is complete chaos at the end of the video. This type of motion reminds of the motion that goes on when you look out the window while taking the train. Things just bounce off the window and keep moving from left to right, like a very fast slide show. I wanted to work with this idea, but I didn't want to give it any meaning. I just wanted to motion to be omitted and the movement to have form.

Most important of all, I wanted the motion to be visible to my viewers. I think the way I shot this from an overhand point of view with very fast shots and an unstable camera, it gave out the right motion and movement. I wanted to do a 360 shot with more angles and different types of movements, but my radiator is small, so I only had so much room to work with. Motion is a great thing to capture on video just because how interesting it can be. It can also be captured on the most simplest things and it's interesting taking an everyday object, making it abstract and seeing what type of motion it has and what kind of movement you can get from it. Sometimes, you'll be surprised what a thing looks like when it is sped up and it is shown in movement,in time. Motion is great, it's beautfiul and it's a great form of art and I hope you all see and enjoy the motion that is portrayed in my video.

1 comment:

  1. I like that the video plays with focus. A strange perspective is highlighted as the wood texture is blinded and revealed.

    ReplyDelete