Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ron Sershon
Montage
MTD2

My montage is basically a representation using light and different objects around my house to show a version of motion. I started out using a big metal pot and a flash light and moved the light around in fast motion. This showed the movement of the light in the pan but also how it reflected off of the metal. I then turned on a fan and turned it on high speed and recorded that. The fan was going fast enough where you could not exactly tell what it was. I then taped the sick in my laundry room as I was washing clothes and recorded the drip from the sink along with the water coming from the washer. The drip of the water left a cool shadow in the background so I decided to leave the shot how it was. After that I video tapped the sink as it filled up with bubbles from the soap in the washer. I also took the flashlight and moved it around the bubbles in different motions. When I edited this part of the video I speed up the video speed to four hundred and fifty percent to make it quicker and look as if it were going down a drain. For the next part of my montage I video tapped myself walking back and forth in my room with the camera pointed at the ground. I also speed this part of my montage up to one hundred and fifty percent. In doing this it gave it a quicker look instead of just showing a slow back and forth sequence. For the last part of my montage I took some of my dogs food and put it in a bowl, I then shook the bowl. As I did that I video tapped the food moving up and down in the bowl. I speed this part up to five hundred percent so that the food would move a lot faster than it was and give the effect of a fast motion.

1 comment: